Expert Criminal Defense Attorney in Knoxville, TN
Here for You When You Face Criminal Charges
A criminal defense lawyer represents defendants accused of crimes. If you face criminal charges, an attorney can investigate the case and come up with arguments to prove innocence or negotiate a deal for reduced charges, sentences and bail. Conversations with your criminal defense attorney are confidential and protected under the law.
Criminal Defense Services
Based in Knoxville, Stone Law Firm, PLLC offers legal services to individuals accused of committing a crime. We represent and help clients accused of misdemeanors or felonies. Our firm can defend clients in criminal cases that involve any of the following:
- Simple or felony possession of controlled substances
- Juvenile delinquency & underage consumption
- Firearm & related charges
- Assault, battery & reckless endangerment
- First-degree murder & related offenses
- Federal court criminal defense
- Violations of probation
- And other cases
What a Criminal Defense Attorney Can Do for You
Working with an experienced lawyer like Wesley Stone – who will uphold your rights and fight for you – can protect you against excessive consequences. Every case is different, but a criminal defense lawyer strives to:
- Mount your defense.
- Keep you informed of strategies, timelines and expectations.
- Reduce your charges.
- Appeal to the judge.
- In some instances, get your case dismissed.
Think of your criminal justice lawyer as your advocate who will evaluate evidence and represent you. Your attorney will recommend a defense strategy suitable for your particular case. The right strategy may involve a plea bargain or an attempt to stop charges even before they are filed.