Wesley D. Stone
- Criminal Defense
- Drug Crimes
- Assault Charges
- Personal Injury
- Real Property Litigation
- Appellate Court Litigation
Wesley D. Stone graduated from the University of Tennessee at Knoxville with a Bachelor of Science degree in 1996. He graduated from the Cumberland School of Law at Samford University in Birmingham, Alabama cum laude in 2000. After being primarily engaged in private practice since receiving his license, he joined Hodges, Doughty and Carson as associate. He is a member of the Tennessee Association of Criminal Lawyers. His practice concentration is criminal defense including driving under the influence and other motor vehicle related offenses, misdemeanors, felonies, juvenile delinquency cases, and appellate practice.
Mr. Stone attended the Annual William P. Redick, Jr. Capital Defense Seminar in Nashville, Tennessee. The seminar was hosted by the Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and provided specialized training in the defense of individuals accused of a capital offense where the state seeks the death penalty. As a result of fulfilling the requirements of Rule 13, Section 3 of the Rules of the Tennessee Supreme Court, Mr. Stone is qualified to represent capital defendants throughout the state of Tennessee.
Mr. Stone also attended the Sixth Circuit Practice Institute in Cincinnati, Ohio. This seminar provided Mr. Stone with an opportunity to hear directly from several of the Sixth Circuit Judges, including the Honorable Alice M. Batchelder, Chief Judge of the United States Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, court staff and other appellate attorneys on how to practice law more effectively before the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals in Cincinnati, Ohio. Donald B. Verrilli, Jr., Solicitor General for the United States, was also a speaker at the seminar.
Mr. Stone enjoys fishing, spending time with his family, and U.T. football.
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama
- J.D. - 2000
- Honors: cum laude
- University of Tennessee-Knoxville
- Bachelor of Science - 1996
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- Legal Aid of East Tennessee Pro Bono Project Award, 2011
- Cityview 2013 Top Knoxville Attorney - Criminal Defense, Juvenile Defense
- Cityview 2016 Top Knoxville Attorney - DUI Defense, Criminal Defense, Juvenile Defense
- Cityview 2017 Top Knoxville Attorney - DUI Defense, Juvenile Defense
- Cityview 2018 Top Knoxville Attorney - DUI Defense, Juvenile Defense
Classes & Seminars
Fraternities or Sororities
- Knoxville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers