On Your Side: An Experienced Knoxville Assault Defense Attorney
Assault charges in Tennessee are nothing to take lightly. They carry the stigma of a violent crime, which can close the doors to many opportunities in life.
I’m defense attorney Wesley Stone, and I devote my career to the impactful field of criminal defense, including defense against assault charges. I understand the stress you’re facing and how much is at stake. You can rely on my 20-plus years of experience as I fight for you at each step in the criminal justice system.
Types Of Assault Charges In Tennessee
Assault charges can vary widely, but each one could significantly impact your life. Here’s a breakdown of the types:
- Simple assault involves causing bodily injury to another. It also includes the imminent threat of bodily injury, which means you don’t even have to touch someone to face charges.
- Aggravated assault is a more serious offense that’s charged when an assault results in serious bodily injury, among other situations.
- Assault on a public servant is also a serious offense that includes assault against a law enforcement officer, first responder and certain other individuals.
- Vehicular assault is a charge for recklessly operating a vehicle, resulting in serious injury to someone else. It’s often related to driving under the influence.
Don’t Ignore The Harsh Consequences Of An Assault Conviction
An assault conviction can bring with it a host of consequences, including:
- Jail or prison time
- Significant fines
- A criminal record that can affect you for a long time to come
- Probation and mandatory counseling
- Loss of certain civil rights, such as the right to vote or own firearms
Defense For College Students
As a significant part of my practice, I am dedicated to assault defense for college students facing charges. I’ve spoken at the University of Tennessee about the impact of these charges and am determined to protect your student’s education and future.
Choose The Right Legal Path With A Determined Ally On Your Side
When it comes to your defense, choosing the right assault defense lawyer in Tennessee is crucial. A lawyer for aggravated assault charges, simple assault charges and others can make all the difference.