Here For You When You Face Criminal Charges: Knoxville Criminal Defense Attorney Wesley Stone
A criminal defense lawyer represents defendants accused of crimes. If you face criminal charges, an attorney can investigate the case and come up with arguments to prove innocence or negotiate a deal for reduced charges, sentences and bail. Conversations with your criminal defense attorney are confidential and protected under the law.
I’m Wesley Stone, a Knoxville-based criminal defense lawyer. My firm, Stone Law Firm, offers fierce legal advocacy for individuals accused of committing a crime. I draw on more than 20 years of experience to protect my clients’ rights and avoid or minimize the consequences of a conviction.
Tennessee Misdemeanor And Felony Defense, State And Federal
I represent individuals accused of misdemeanors or felonies, including:
- Simple or felony possession of controlled substances
- Juvenile delinquency and underage consumption
- Firearm and related charges
- Assault, battery and reckless endangerment
- First-degree murder and related offenses
- Federal court criminal defense
- Violations of probation
- DUIs (all levels)
- Death penalty cases
I also routinely represent college students facing criminal allegations that could derail their education and future.
What I Can Do For You
As an experienced criminal defense lawyer, I will uphold your rights and fight for you. I’ll begin with a realistic assessment of your case and your options for challenging the charges. I’ll explain the process in plain English.
You can count on me to:
- Review all the facts and evidence in your case
- Conduct an investigation to uncover any favorable evidence that may have been overlooked
- Mount a strong defense based on a carefully tailored strategy
- Keep you informed of the process, including timelines and expectations
- Explore every angle for reducing or dismissing your charges
- Strategically negotiate with the prosecutor for a favorable plea bargain, if warranted
- Vigorously represent you at trial, if it comes to that
- Represent you in any subsequent appeals
If you’re under investigation by federal, state or local law enforcement for a potential criminal offense, you can turn to me for help. I will protect you and aim to stop charges even before they are filed.
Attentive To Mental Health Issues
Mental health is a critical factor in many criminal defense cases. I’m knowledgeable and sensitive to these issues, and I can advise you on how they may impact your case.